Visit Schindler’s Factory 2022 | Opening Times, Getting There, Visitor Tips & More
Established in 1937, Oskar Schindler's Factory in Krakow is intrinsically tied to the city's history. The erstwhile factory, where Oskar Schindler employed over 1,000 Jewish people thereby rescuing them from concentration camps, has since been converted into a museum space that paints a picture of Krakow during World War II. On this page, you will find all the information you need, such as opening times, location, and tips, which will help you before you plan to visit Schindler's Factory.
Schindler's Factory Opening Times
April - October:
Mondays: 10 AM - 4 PM; Tuesday - Sunday: 9 AM - 8 PM
November - March:
Mondays: 10 AM - 2 PM; Tuesday - Sunday: 10 AM - 6 PM
Schindler's Factory Location
How to Visit Schindler’s Factory?
Schindler’s Factory is a ticketed attraction, meaning you will need to make an advance purchase of tickets to view the premises. Since the factory contains two museums with several exhibits, it would be a good idea to opt for a guided tour so that you don’t miss out on any of the artifacts or displays. Pre-booking tickets is also important to avoid getting turned away due to maximum capacity restrictions; since the factory is a highlight attraction, you’ll be insured against the heavy crowds of tourists with a pre-booked visit. You can also benefit from some attractive deals by booking online and in advance.
Combo (Save 7%): Wieliczka Salt Mine + Oskar Schindler's Factory Guided Tour
Getting to Schindler's Factory
Closest Station: Pl. Bohaterow Getta
Closest Station: Kraków Zabłocie
Closest Stop: Krakowska Akademia stop
You can take an Uber cab to reach Schindler's Factory as well if you wish to avoid public transport.
What is Inside Schindler’s Factory?
When you visit Schindler's Factory today, you will be able to explore the two museums on the premises that showcase different aspects of life in Krakow during the Nazi occupation through a series of immersive exhibits.
Each room of the museum is meticulously designed to recreate specific places and streets in Krakow – from a hairdresser’s salon, and a railway station, to a labor camp, or a bustling street. The museum offers a visually immersive history lesson that visitors can stroll through at their leisure. You’ll also be able to view Schindler’s desk along with a list of Jews he was successfully able to save.
Know Before You Go
Schindler's Factory is a popular historical attraction in the city of Krakow. Pre-booking your tickets online is safe as it encourages contactless transactions, but it also saves you from the hassle of standing in long queues among throngs of people.
Note: Schindler's Factory tickets need to be booked at least 4 days prior to your intended day of visit.Book Now
- Schindler's Factory is wheelchair accessible.
- The factory is also pram/stroller accessible.
- There are elevators in Schindler's Museum for easy accessibility to all the floors.
- Visitors can use the elevators that also include braille buttons for people with disability.
- Toilet: Restrooms are located inside the museum. There is a toilet for disabled visitors located on the ground floor of the museum adjacent to the cash desk.
- Lift: Visitors can use the elevator that also includes braille buttons for people with disability.
- Store: Visitors can buy books, games, and other gifts from the museum online or offline store.
Budget Hotels: Krakow B&B - Bed&Breakfast, Restauracja Delecta
Mid-Range Hotels: Metropolitan Boutique Hotel, Qubus Hotel Kraków
Luxury Hotels: Queen Boutique Hotel, PURO Kraków Kazimierz
- Museum of Contemporary Art: This is a contemporary art gallery in Krakow that displays contemporary art and artists from the present to up to decades earlier.
- Wavel Castle: Wawel Royal Castle, which served as Poland's political and cultural center throughout the 16th century, is a powerful emblem of national identity. It is currently a museum with five different sections.
- The Villa of Oskar Schindler: Located around the corner of the Schindler’s Factory, the Villa of Oskar Schindler is the place where he lived and worked between the years 1939 and 1944.
- Wieliczka Salt Mine: The Wieliczka Salt Mine is one of the world's oldest continually operating mines that has been excavated from the 13th century. It's now an official Polish Historic Monument and a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Visitor Tips & Guidelines
- Visitors need to buy their tickets and guide service for the Schindler’s Factory tours at least 4 days before the chosen tour date.
- It is forbidden to bring any kind of weapons, explosives, or dangerous materials inside the museum.
- Visitors need to keep their umbrellas, backpacks, or large luggage that have a capacity greater than 30 liters at home/hotel.
- Only people with disabilities are allowed to bring assistance dogs to the museum.
- Once you leave the exhibition area after completing the Schindler’s Factory tour, you cannot re-enter.
- Inside the museum, visitors cannot eat, drink, smoke, vape, or make phone calls.
- Do not enter the museum intoxicated or under the influence of drugs as you will be escorted out of the area.
- Parents must take care of their children as they will be responsible for any damage caused by the kids.
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothes as a lot of walking will be involved.
- Filming and flash photography are not allowed inside the museum.
Frequently Asked Questions About Visiting Schindler's Factory
A. Schindler's Factory is a ticketed attraction. Book your Schindler's Factory tickets to visit the historical museum in Krakow.
A. A tour of Schindler’s Factory will take around 1.5 to 2 hours.
A. The last entry to Schindler’s Factory is 90 minutes before the closure.
A. Since Schindler’s Factory is an indoor attraction, you can visit it any time. You can visit Schindler's Factory in the morning between 10 AM and 11 AM if you wish to avoid the midday crowds.
A. Schindler’s Factory is closed on the first Tuesday of every month.
A. Yes, you can reach Schindler's Factory by bus, tram, and train.
A. Yes, Schindler's Factory is accessibility-friendly. Visitors in wheelchair can visit the attraction and there are even elevators in Schindler's Factory.